New Weird Australia is looking to appoint a volunteer Co-Director to help steer the project into 2013 and beyond.
Since 2009, New Weird Australia has worked to promote and support new eclectic and experimental Australian music through a variety of unique projects. Neither one genre nor another, New Weird Australia spotlights a new breed of innovative Australian artists, and challenges our understanding of what music should be.
The not-for-profit project now seeks a Co-Director to work alongside founder Stuart Buchanan in continuing its current output whilst simultaneously investigating new avenues of activity both at home and overseas. The Co-Director would work in collaboration to:
- curate the New Weird Australia compilation series – creating new concepts for releases, working with guest curators and commissioning artists
- edit the Output Device video blog – seeking new contributions and curating existing material from Australian artists and film-makers
- manage the Podcast Series, as well as potentially co-presenting – sourcing new music and interview material from around the country
- apply for funding from a variety of relevant sources for our live event series Vagrant, completing grant applications and acquittals where appropriate
- seek out new opportunities and projects to keep the project moving forward
Expressions of interest should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 19th October 2012. Please outline your experience and interest in the areas of activity outlined above. It is estimated that the voluntary position would require around 4-6 hours per week, and as the project is largely conducted online, the Co-Director can be located anywhere in Australia.