Title: New Weird Australia, New Weird Australia – the NOW now 2014
Catalogue Number: NWA016
Released: January 2014
1. James Rushford/Joe Talia – Harker (03:38) (previously unreleased)
2. Clare Cooper – Edible (02:10) (previously unreleased)
3. Pollen Trio – Moon (03:31) (previously unreleased)
4. James Oakfield – Psja1 (02:38) (from James Oakfield, self released)
5. Alice Hui-Sheng Chang + Rosalind Hall – Live at Decomposed (10:16) (previously unreleased)
6. TeenAx – TeenAx (03:01) (previously unreleased)
7. Té – Tremor (08:29) (from Circuitous, hellosQuare Recordings)
8. Lloyd Honeybrook – Invocation (10:37) (previously unreleased)
9. Soft Power – Pacific Problem (05:57) (previously unreleased)
10. Jeremy Tatar – Cahill Expressway (07:31) (from All Things Pass, Valley Spirit Recordings)
11. Rishin Singh – Kambah (06:26) (from Three Weevils, AvantWhatever)
12. The Overtone Ensemble – Longitudes Edit (03:57) (previously unreleased)
13. Love Chants – Blackest Little Eyes [live] (05:20) (previously unreleased)
Compiled by Andrew Brooks.
Design by Clare Cooper
New Weird Australia’s newest compilation, the NOW now 2014, a collaboration with the NOW now, celebrates the 13th instalment of one of Australia’s longest running experimental music events.
This compilation, compiled by the NOW now’s Andrew Brooks, resenting music, sound and art without borders, with a wide scope including sound sculpture, improvised music, performance art, installations, composed music, new collaborations, trash rock, noise, silence, electronic music, comedy, and everything in-between, what began as a music festival has evolved into a festival of arts with a sonic focus.
The resulting compilation is a primer for the 2014 edition of the NOW now festival; from feedback saxophone to noise rock, dark love songs to fragile electronics, improvised music to doom drone and more. Expect to hear a cross-section of experimentalism and exploratory sound making from some of the country’s most innovative voices.
The NOW now Festival runs from January 8 – 12, 2014 at various venues in Sydney, Australia.