Title: Unpopular Music 2009
Catalogue Number: NWAUM001
Released: April 2010
1. NICK WISHART, Untitled (Live at Unpopular Music 2009) (04:22)
2. ANNA CHASE, Lines (Live at Unpopular Music 2009) (04:52)
3. SCISSOR LOCK, Untitled (Live at Unpopular Music 2009) (12:08)
4. ANON, Untitled (Live at Unpopular Music 2009) (16:29)
5. kyü, Sunny In Splodges (Live at Unpopular Music 2009) (05:19)
6. MANDALA TRAP (Pimmon & Jeff Burch) – Untitled (Live at Unpopular Music 2009) (7:02)
7. PIMMON, Untitled (Live at Unpopular Music 2009) 6:13
Compiled by Stuart Buchanan.
Artwork by Sopp Collective, soppcollective.com.
Recorded live at The Red Rattler, Sydney, November 2009.
Recorded and mixed by FBi Radio 94.5FM.
Click artist title for background information and links.
All music copyright of the artists, all rights reserved.
Sleeve Notes: April 2010
Three FBi radio shows, New Weird Australia, Unputdownable & Sunday Night At The Movies, came together in November 2009 at the Red Rattler in Sydney to present ‘Unpopular Music’ – a benefit to support their station. They pooled their collective networks and gathered twelve of Sydney’s innovative, experimental artists – all of whom donated their time, with all proceeds going directly to FBi, helping to ensure the ongoing survival of Sydney’s home of new music.
‘Unpopular Music 2009, A Benefit Album For FBi Radio’ collects seven exclusive tracks, recorded live at ‘Unpopular Music 2009′. The album includes music from:
– PIMMON, an artist that has forged an international reputation for creating dense, challenging and engaging electronic music
– MANDALA TRAP, a new collaborative project between PIMMON and JEFF BURCH, solo artist and one quarter of Sydney band, SONGS
– kyü, an experimental pop outfit, building a reputation for their original and innovative sound
– ANON, aka noise artist, musician and label manager Anna Vo
– SCISSOR LOCK, an experimental project from musician Marcus Whale
– ANNA CHASE, a multi instrumentalist and vocalist who weaves melodies into familiar yet dreamy pop constructions.
– sound artist, musician and chronic circuit bender NICK WISHART – long-standing member of Toydeath
New Weird Australia broadcasts a weekly show on Sydney’s FBi 94.5FM – an independent, community-based radio station, delivering the best in new music and emerging culture. FBi plays 50% Australian music, with half of that from Sydney. As a not-for-profit entity, FBi relies on the financial support of listeners in order to stay on air, primarily by subscribing as an FBi Supporters. For more information, visit fbiradio.com.